Friday, November 11, 2011

Gaydar, Karan Johar and the dating game

Some studies say one in every 10 men is homosexual. I don't believe it. Even if it was true, that means people can hide their sexuality very well.Or maybe my gaydar is all wired wrong. I can never make out when people are gay. Never in a million years would I have guessed Rock Hudson was gay. There I go again, falling into the trap of judging people by how masculine or feminine they seem, trying to read too much into their gestures and speech patterns. After all, I'm gay and none of my friends have any idea.

Sometimes, I wish my gaydar did work. It would be so much easier to walk into a crowd, mentally labelling the people I meet -- 'gay' and 'not gay' -- zeroing in without any trouble on a person I would like to date. Unfortunately, I usually end up lusting after someone who does seem my type, shares my interests and would be my perfect soulmate -- except that he wants to have sex with a girl.

They say Karan Johar is gay. Well, he may well be. Or maybe he's just an effeminate man who had a crush on a beautiful girl, was spurned and never got married. On the Simi Garewal show, Johar said he didn't want to react to rumours of his homosexuality. I do sympathise with him, it's harder to be a celebrity with such whispers floating about than to be me, living my life anonymously posing as a heterosexual bachelor who still hasn't met the right partner.

That said, I wouldn't mind dating Johar. He's cute, intelligent, creative, articulate and funny. If he was gay, I wouldn't mind going for a cup of coffee with him. The thought cheers me up. I've been feeling unusually low this past week. Talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment